What are CME Credits?
Click the links to read definitions of CME credits.
Get Started Earning CME Credits
Library staff have created a list of resources that provide CME credits. Some of these resources provide CME credits as you conduct research in your own time. Each resource differs slightly in how it manages CME credits, but in general, the basic steps are:
- Create your own individual, or personal account.
- Afterwards, whenever you conduct a search on a term or condition while logged in, you’ll receive CME credit.
- When you have earned your CME credits, you can log into your account and there will be an option to claim the credits and receive a certificate.
- One contact hour using a resource is usually equal to one CME credit.
- Library staff can gladly answer questions regarding earning CME credits through library resources.
- CME credits earned by utilizing the library resources are NOT tracked by the School of Medicine's Department of Faculty Affairs and Faculty Development.
- Questions regarding your CME account, how many credits you have earned should be directed to Faculty Affairs.
For more information about CME, please contact the CME Manager by email at: firstname.lastname@example.org