ITS and Printing Support
ITS department maintains printers and printing accounts
ITS also maintains the Blackboard Portal
For any ITS issues, please submit a service ticket in the TCMC portal.
Should I buy my textbooks before beginning my courses at TCMC?
We suggest that students wait to purchase their textbooks until they begin their courses.
- You will have a better sense at that time about what you might want to buy...or not.
- You will also have the opportunity to obtain feedback from more senior students about what is essential to own.
I want to buy my textbooks. Where do I buy my textbooks?
- TCMC does not have a bookstore.
- Students may find textbooks through Amazon or other retailers.
- Ultimately, its your choice!
Are all of the reserve textbooks available in ebook format from TCMC Library?
- No, not all reserve textbooks are available in ebook format. If they are available as an ebook, there will be a link next to the title on the "Required and Recommended" tab on this Guide. The library has on Reserve print copies of books on the Required/Recommended textbooks lists that are not available in electronic format.
- TCMC Library strives to provide electronic access to as many Required and Recommended Textbooks as possible.
When do you update the Required and Recommended Textbook lists?
TCMC Library staff begin working with MBS course directors in March to update textbook lists for the next academic year. The lists are usually finalized late summer.
During this time, library staff search for new editions of print and electronic textbooks on the Required and Recommended lists. If there are new editions, we will contact MBS course directors and inquire whether or not they want to update their textbooks. Often times, course directors will come to us and let us know they want to update a current edition of their textbooks, or ask us to put new books on reserve.
Getting the Most from TCMC Library
10 Tips for Getting the Most from TCMC Library
Learn how the library works and maximize the use of TCMC's Electronic Resources through the library website
1. Do A Quick Search in Ferret: Enter your keyword(s) into Ferret Search if you’re not sure where to begin. Ferret will show you items the library does not own in addition to TCMC Library resources. You can make an InterLibrary Loan Request for any item the library does not have in it's collection.
2. Use TCMC Library's Online Catalog: Search for both print and e-books TCMC Library has in it's collection in MedPal , our online catalog. The online catalog is the best place to find items that the library owns or subscribes to.
3. Use the E-Resource Locator: Search for specific e-journals and e-books in the E-Resource Locator.
4. Familiarize yourself with our Electronic Resources: - Check out the new Electronic Resources page for an A-Z list of the library's electronic resources.
7. Learn About LibGuides: Our LibGuides are collections of resources related to a specific topic or course. For example, each program of study at TCMC has it's own LibGuide.
8. MBS Program Guide: Review the MBS Required & Recommended textbook list here on this Program Guide.
10. Ask a Librarian: We can assist you with literature searches, interlibrary loan, reference and research. Just stop by the Information Services Desk during our staffed hours with your question or send us an email at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are happy to help!
This is the floor plan for the 2nd floor Medical Sciences Building. The Library is located on the 2nd floor East Wing of the building directly across from the elevators. The STAR on the map is the Library. Follow the RED ARROW to find the location of the closest copy room.