Faculty Development Resources
- Assessment and Instructional Alignment (Online Tutorial). University of Colorado.
- Getting More “Teaching” out of “Testing” and “Grading” Stanford Center for Teaching and Learning (.PDF)
- Assessment Primer. University of Wisconsin-Madison’s “Field-tested Learning Assessment Guide (FLAG)”
- Authentic Assessment Toolbox. Mueller J, North Central College
- Authentic Assessment Overview. Pearson Education Development Group
- Concept Maps for Assessment. Entry Point
- Examining Concept Maps As An Assessment Tool. Ruiz-Primo MA, Stanford University
- A qualitative evaluation of medical student learning with concept maps.Medical Teacher
- Total Recall Mind Map Free Application.ITunes
- What is the difference between formative and summative assessment? Carnegie Mellon.
- Grading: Making It Conducive to Learning. Center for Teaching and Learning, Minnesota State Colleges and Universities
- Writing Quality Learning Objectives. Park University Faculty Resources
- Writing Learning Objectives. Arreola RA, University of Tennessee, Memphis
- Creating a Rubric. Florida Atlantic University
- Scoring Rubrics: What, When and How? Moskal BM, Colorado School of Mines
- Teacher-Created Rubrics for Assessment (Rubric Examples). University of Wisconsin
- Designing Scoring Rubrics for Your Classroom. Mertler CA, Bowling Green State University
- The Role of Rubrics in Advancing and Assessing Student Learning. Wolf K, Stevens E, UCDHSC
- TCMC Teaching Portfolio. The Commonwealth Medical College
First Day of Class
- Teaching Tips First Day. Honolulu Community College
- Teaching tips for First Day of Class.The Learning and Teaching Office
- Teaching during Traumatic Events. Virginia Commonwealth University
- Remembering Students’ Names in Large Classes. Teaching Effectiveness Program University of Oregon.
- Learning Student’s Names. Indiana University, Instructional Support Services
- Better Communication in Large Courses. Left on Learning Community Faculty Center
- Writing a Teaching Philosophy Statement. Haugen L, Iowa State University
- Gathering and Acting on Feedback. The University of Sydney
- Giving great feedback. UCL Medical School
- Collaborative Learning (Online Tutorial). National Institute for Science Education-College One
- Assessing Group Work. Centre for the Study of Higher Education, Australian Universities Teaching Committee
- 20 Ways to Make Lectures More Participatory. Derek Bok Center for Teaching and Learning, Harvard University
- Peer Instruction: Ten years of Experience and Results. Crouch CH, Mazur E, Harvard University
- PowerPoint Tips for Classroom Presentations. (.PDF) University of Oregon Teaching Effectiveness Program
- Best Practices in Presenting with PowerPoint. (.PDF) University of Oregon Teaching Effectiveness Program
- Presenting and Facilitation FAQs. University of Oregon Teaching Effectiveness Program
- Team-Based Learning. Boonshooft School of Medicine, Wright State University
- Team-Based Learning in Medical Education. Baylor College of Medicine
- Responding to Distressed Students. University of California, Santa Barbara
- What is Universal Design for Learning? Center for Applied Special Technology (CAST) website
- Teaching to Transform the Brain. Texas Tech University School of Medicine
- Disability Etiquette: Tips on Interacting with People with Disabilities. (.PDF) United Spinal Association
- Professors propose ‘lecture less’ in medical school classes. Stanford University
- Faculty Focus.
- Teaching Physician.
- Medical Educator Resources. Texas Tech University Health Sciences Center
- The Chronicle of Higher Education.
- The National Teaching & Learning Forum.
- Competence by Design (CBD): Moving towards competency-based medical education.
- Mentors and Protégés: What Protégés Bring to the Equation.
- University of Arkansas Women’s Caucus Advising Program. University of Arkansas
- Mentoring Systems: Benefits and Challenges of Diverse Mentoring Partnerships. AAMC
- Medical Education Meets Health Care Reform. American Medical Associate
- Ethics, Quality, and Equality: Global Health Online Course. 12 modules. Unite for Sight.
- LJAMA International Career Network.