Fellowship and Internship Opportunities available for TCMC Students.
Click on the links to view the website for each opportunity.
Click on the blue icon next to each link for additional information about each opportunity.
- Class of 2017 - Application form regarding TCMC-supported summer research internships and teaching assistantships
Applications for all TCMC programs are due Monday, March 3rd, 2014. Applications for the research and teaching internships should be submitted to Elizabeth Kuchinski electronically at email@example.com, or in hard copy to MSB Room 2029.
- Child Family Health International (CFHI) Global Health Rotations Implementing Universal Healthcare from Highland to Coastal Ecuador
*Year-round rolling admissions--Apply a MINIMUM of 4 months before desired program start date*
- HHMI Research Opportunities for Medical Students at U.S. Schools
Application Deadline is February 15, 2014
- Medical Student Research Program in Diabetes and Obesity
The application deadline is 11:59 pm (CST) on February 3, 2014.
- Memorial Sloan-Kettering Cancer Center 2014 Summer Research Fellowship
The application deadline is February 17th, 2014
- National Cancer Institute (NCI) Training Opportunities
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society (NMSS)
Application Due February 3, 2014
- Pediatric Oncology Education (POE) Program
*New for 2013*
Application Deadline is February 1, 2014
- The Arnold P. Gold Foundation Student Summer Fellowship Program
Do you know a medical student looking to spend their summer working in community health in the US or abroad? Please tell them to consider applying for The Arnold P. Gold Foundation Student Summer Fellowship Program where they could be awarded a grant of $4,000 for a 10-week period.
The Student Summer Fellowship Program offers medical students the opportunity to study cultural competency issues, develop skills to become relationship-centered physicians, and address a public health need in an underserved community or population. Students may choose between a Service Fellowship and a Research Fellowship.
To see examples of past students’ projects and to apply, visit http://humanizingmedicine.org/student-summer-fellowships-in-community-health/
- Kaplan Instructors Needed
- Dr. Orehek is in need of a research assistant
Please note, they would like someone to start now 2-4 hours a week and then make it a fulltime summer opportunity. If you are interested, please click on the 'i' next to the link for more information.
- Summer 2014 Rural Primary Care Internship Program
Dear MD – 1 Students,
We are pleased to announce the opening of the application process for the 2014 Summer Rural Primary Care Internship Program. This program, now in its third year, enables TCMC students in the summer between their first and second years, a stipend-supported experience working with a preceptor in primary care (general internal medicine, family medicine, or pediatrics) in a rural clinic in our region. The duration of the experience is 4-5 weeks in length. There are three positions available for this Summer’s experience. Applications are due by 5 pm on Monday, March 3, 2014 and should be sent to Beverly Mizanty at BMizanty@tcmedc.org.
The application, with instructions on how to apply is attached. Please contact either Dr Valerie Weber or Dr Jen Joyce with questions about the program.